Monday, January 24, 2011

MONDAY MORNING MOAN


Does Cab-net piss anyone else off? I don’t know, but it really grates my tits!

I suppose I could cab with another company…wait, I actually do…but sometimes there’s just no time to wait the 15 minutes it takes for a called cab to come to your house. And, when there’s a whole fleet of cabs parked outside your front door, it’s only logical that a late person like myself would climb into the nearest one of them and tell them to go, go, GO!

So what exactly pisses me off?

The fact that the divers have set their tariff to TIME…instead of FARE!

For those who don’t know how cabs work, the drivers rent their cars from the man, and then get a percentage of the fare per km. When the cab stops, the meter stops. So that’s why some cabs charge you waiting, if you say, need to pop into the shop to pick up something. I understand thins, after all, time is money.

Cab-net has me frothing at the bit because their meters are always set on TIME! So if I’m in the cab and it’s standing in traffic, the meter still counts! If I’m in the cab and it’s standing still at a red robot, the meter still counts! Ok, so I end up paying only like R5 more by the time I get to work, but that R5 could have been the last line of defense between me and starvation! When it came to a vending mission – I take my vending seriously!

I feel like I’ve been had!

What’s the point of R8.80/Km if you’re going to be siphoning extra, in 20c increments, making you, at the end of my trip more expensive than the cab I should have called in the first place?And why do I have to pay for red robots and rush hour traffic…isn’t that, like, the nature of the beast? I mean, if I stepped into a grocery store and made you lose out on potential customers, charge me time I don't mind...in fact I would demand it!

But really, FARE is fair, and what they are doing seems totally unfair!

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment