Thursday, October 28, 2010

SAVE THE MODEL, SAVE THE WORLD!


WTF!?!

I feel funny – like something bad has happened to me, but I don’t know what. I think I’m actually disgusted. Yes, that would be a good description for my emotion. Lemme explain:

I sang last night. Personally I felt it was mediocre, but a good source tells me I have improved since my first performance – M’kay. I can live. Only onwards and upwards I say. I’m pretty stoked for the next performance because I think I can lay down some ground works for pretty stellar stuff. Watch this space hombres!

In celebration of said performance, I went to Ftv – as one usually does on a Wednesday. You know, to break the monotony of the work week, have a drink without people looking at you like you need to pay to talk to someone etc.

Ftv on a Wednesday also happens to be model night. I have nothing against it, because really at the end of the day some of the ‘models’ up in that piece seriously need to reevaluate claiming that profession. So, gussied up, gut sucked in, I prepared to schmooze with the best of the schmoozers.

It’s amazing how being labeled as something ‘special’ makes some people feel entitled to act as bona fide as*h*l*s! Do we not arrive at the VIP and try to sit down before some human rendition of a stick insect shoo’s us like the well fed individuals we were.

a) Why would anyone just walk up to VIP, past the bouncers and try to cop a squat if they were not allowed!?!


b) Not all of us were going to sit there. Besides how much couch does all of a 2cm girth need?

And then after ‘Shoo-gate’, do I not see another emaciated stick figure writhing on the floor – and this is what they call dancing? She was joined by a friend, and I’m actually quite surprised they didn’t start a fire!

I think there should be rules about gyrating in a club. The GyroPolice should arrest you if

a) The world can see your broeks


b) Normal women look at you and their facial expressions flip-flop between awe and disgust.

I mean hey, who doesn’t want a tall dark and handsome male model checking them out, but literally selling your wares is not the way to go…can we all say LA-DY.

Goodness! I was offended in the way an ‘aunt’ would be after seeing her friend’s daughter gallivanting in an unsavory manner. I wanted to go up to them and say “HAYI, hayi, hayi! Ani namahloni! No skaam at all!

These girls are beautiful, they get PAID for looking the way they do, and yet need permeates through their pores! I was disgusted, now in retrospect, I’m just sad. I’m as insecure and neurotic as the next person, even more so, but I think for right now, my self esteem is good!

Ladies, don’t beat yourself up. Don’t denigrate yourselves. Don’t put each other down. Encourage confidence – you never know when someone might think of you as a super role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment